Saturday 26 May 2012

A Cry for Help...A Cry for Prayer.


Now, that’s just sick!

A lot of you have expressed some concern about me being sick a lot. I want you to know I believe God has used me “Getting sick a lot” to teach me a lot about him. I also want you to all know that I am doing well now. It comes and goes and it’s part of life here. I am actually thankful that God has allowed me to be sick…It has taught be to be thankful for being healthy also it is a small price to pay to be where I believe God wants me to me. I pay it gladly…Pray though, that I would be effective in ministry and that I would honor God in what I think, feel, say and how I act and Pray that the Didinga people would come to believe in Jesus Christ that they would hunger and thirst and seek after God.

Sunday School.

Sunday school has been a blast, If I could do anything in the world forever, it might just be teaching Sunday School. We have been going through the Bible and just finished Noah. My co-teacher is Merafu who translates as well as teaches himself. Merafu has been probably one of the biggest blessings to me in Didinga. He has been a direct answer to prayer for a translator, and a good friend. Pray for Merafu that he would know and love God and rise up to be a Didinga leader who is faithful and who has a heart devoted to God.

Bible study      Merafu and I get together once a week and go over the Sunday school lesson. This has become like a small Bible study, we pray together then I’ll read the Bible in English and he will translate in Didinga.  Then we’ll talk about the story and our favorite parts. Every week God is opening new things in His word to me and well as learning about the Didinga culture. Merafu also loves these times and is so excited to go through the Bible chronologically, every week he comes with questions (hard ones too!) he has talked to me about expanding the group and starting a Bible study, Unbeknownst to him that is exactly what God had been placing on my heart as well as Kim's and we ask you to pray with us as we take steps to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment